Do you want to help shape Canada’s financial services industry?
Who We Are
The Canadian economy depends on the exchange of billions of dollars each day. Payments Canada is responsible for the clearing and settlement infrastructure, processes and rules essential to those transactions.
Like a complex network of bridges and roads, Payments Canada connects. We connect with our system participants and stakeholders to promote value flow in the economy. And we connect payers and payees to meet the needs of Canadian businesses and consumers.
In accordance with our mandate, Payments Canada also facilitates the interaction of our systems with other payment systems, both within Canada and internationally, and facilitates the development of new payment methods and technologies.
Who You Are
There are huge transformations taking place in global payments – you may already be aware of some of these advancements because you have an active interest in learning more about our industry. You get energized at the thought of working in a fast-paced environment and are able to work as a team player in a multi-project environment.
As a Data Ninja, you are detail-oriented and conscientious. You are curious about learning new technologies, processes, and business strategies. You are comfortable sharing ideas and are able to communicate clearly both orally and in your written work.
The Senior Data Engineer plays an integral role on an exciting new team focused on data, information and advanced analytics capabilities. Reporting to the Manager, Information, Data and Analytics, the Senior Data Engineer will serve as main point of contact with various stakeholders across the organization, and analyze incoming technologies and solutions for fit and purpose to ensure the smooth transition and reception of data coming from the Modernization program.
The incumbent will be called upon to work with technical architects and functional designers to understand data conversion requirements and design the conversion procedures and applications for new and legacy systems that underpin the Canadian economy. Additionally, the Senior Data Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help the business make good technology decisions as it relates to the ingestion, processing and storage of data.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Acting as the main connector between the data design of various solution implementations and the design of an ETL solution into the corporate data warehouse.
- Modelling and designing new application data structures for in-house and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions.
- Leading the analysis, design, and build efforts for all data storage and processing components being custom built or reused.
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Analysis, or other data related disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in data engineering, architecture, and/or analysis
- Experience in cloud technologies and IT infrastructure
- TOGAF, CBAB, PMP, or ITIL certifications are considered an asset
- Valid criminal records check or eligibility to obtain
- Government of Canada Level 2 Secret Security Clearance or eligibility to obtain
Payments Canada as an Employer
Talent development is a priority at Payments Canada. Advancement of your skills and competencies is of mutual benefit to you as an individual and to us as an organization. Payments Canada will provide you with a team environment and organizational culture that will support continued growth and individual learning opportunities that progress you along a rewarding career path.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
What We Need From You
If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter – we want to hear your story – your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations.
Qualified applicants should submit their covering letter and résumé, including salary expectations, to: email@example.com by November 9, 2018. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.