Published: July 25, 2018
Payments Modernization is an industry-wide program, shaped by the connection and collaboration of Canadian financial institutions, business, governments and consumers. Two important groups, Payments Canada’s Member Advisory Council (MAC) and the Stakeholder Advisory Council (SAC) represent this vast network of payment system users. The councils discuss, debate and provide advice to Payments Canada’s management team and Board of Directors on key elements of the Modernization program and ongoing operations, policies and initiatives.
Payments Canada welcomes and congratulates the newest appointees to its Member Advisory Council, effective June 2018, and Stakeholder Advisory Council, effective May 2018.
The new MAC appointees are:
- Patrice Roy, Vice President, Payments, Cash Management and International Solutions, National Bank of Canada
- Vlad Ahmad, Senior Vice President Operations and Business Transformation, Canadian Western Bank
Payments Canada congratulates the following re-appointed MAC members:
- Lisa Lansdowne-Higgins, VP Business Deposits and Treasury Solutions, Royal Bank of Canada
- Ed White, Senior Vice President and Head of Canada Operations, HSBC Operations, Services & Technology, HSBC Bank Canada
- Patrice Dagenais, Vice President, Payment Services & Business Partnership, La Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec
- John Tarnowski, SVP and Head of Customer Experience, Alberta Treasury Branches
- Grahame Johnson, Chief - Funds Management and Banking Department, Bank of Canada
The new SAC appointees are:
- Michel Lechasseur, Cash and Financial Services Manager, Hydro Quebec
- Alexandre Plourde, Lawyer and Analyst, Option Consommateurs
- Sandra Horvath, Senior Director of Business Development, Sage
- David Chance, SVP, Product Strategy, Fiserv
- Mario Pizzalongo, Corporate Treasurer, CAE
Payments Canada congratulates the following re-appointed SAC members:
- Celine Chartier, Director General, Banking and Cash Management, Receiver General for PSPC
- John McKenzie, Chief Operating Officer & Chief Financial Officer, Canadian Depository for Securities Ltd.
For more information about SAC, including a complete list of SAC members, visit the Stakeholder Advisory Council page.
For more information about MAC, including a complete list of MAC members, visit the Member Advisory Council page.