The Member Advisory Council (MAC) is a 20 person council that is codified in the Canadian Payments Act. MAC serves as a consultative and engagement forum for system participants, who are also each a member of Payments Canada.
The Council's mandate, set out in the legislation, is to provide counsel and advice to the Board on our clearing and settlement systems, the interaction of those systems with other systems involved in the exchange, clearing or settlement of payments and the development of new technologies.
The MAC has a maximum of 20 members representing the diversity of our system participants. Members are appointed by our Board of Directors. Eligibility requirements for Council membership and the yearly nomination process are set out in our General By-law and the Administration By-law respectively.
Members (As of July 1, 2017)
- Todd Roberts, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Sharon Haward-Laird, Bank of Montreal
- John Pals, Peoples Trust Company
- Amy Altersohn, JPMorgan Chase, National Association
- Oscar van der Meer, Central 1 Credit Union
- Steve Dunn, Credit Union Central of Alberta
- Stephen Fitzpatrick, Exchange Bank of Canada
- Christine Hunter, The Toronto-Dominion Bank
- Rania Llewellyn, The Bank of Nova Scotia
- Maureen Jarvis, Bank of America, National Association
- Brian Guillemin, Concentra Fiancial Services Association
- Min (David) Zhang, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Canada)
- John Landry, Citibank Canada
- Lisa Lansdowne-Higgins, Royal Bank of Canada
- Stephen Lacelle, National Bank of Canada
- Ed White, HSBC Bank of Canada
- Keith Hughes, Canadian Western Bank
- Patrice Dagenais, La Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec
- John Tarnowski, Alberta Treasury Branches
- Grahame Johnson, Bank of Canada