Application programming interfaces (APIs) are the fastest-growing, business-influencing technology in the IT industry today, fostering innovation by enabling new digital products and business models for services and creating new business channel opportunities.
Payments Canada’s API developer portal supports our efforts to modernize our products and services in tandem with industry developments and evolving market needs. Through API technology we are making it faster and easier to access the data and functionality of some of our services, to further enable and connect the payments ecosystem.
The API Developer Portal provides access to Payments Canada sandbox APIs, allowing developers the ability to explore API functionality using test data.
Included in the Payments Canada API catalogue are a number of APIs related to our systems and offerings, including:
- Corporate Creditor Identification Number (CCIN)
- Financial Institutions File (FIF)
- Retail batch payment system, Automated Clearing Settlement System (ACSS)
- Lynx, Canada's new high-value payment system
- Sandbox Real-Time Rail (RTR) APIs
For more information on the sandbox RTR APIs, please download our RTR API Factsheet