The Member Advisory Council (MAC) is a 20 person council that is codified in the Canadian Payments Act. MAC serves as a consultative and engagement forum for system participants, who are also each a member of Payments Canada.
The Council's mandate, set out in the legislation, is to provide counsel and advice to the Board on our clearing and settlement systems, the interaction of those systems with other systems involved in the exchange, clearing or settlement of payments and the development of new technologies.
The MAC has a maximum of 20 members representing the diversity of our system participants. Members are appointed by our Board of Directors. Eligibility requirements for Council membership and the yearly nomination process are set out in our General By-law and the Administration By-law respectively.
Members (As of December 1, 2016)
- Amy Altersohn, JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Carolyn Burke, Royal Bank of Canada (Chair)
- Patrice Dagenais, Caisse centrale Desjardins (Vice-Chair)
- Diane Davies, Canadian Western Bank
- Ernie (Erminia) Johannson, Bank of Montreal
- Brian Guillemin, Concentra Financial Services Association
- Maureen Jarvis, Bank of America, National Association
- Grahame Johnson, Bank of Canada
- Rizwan Khalfan, Toronto Dominion Bank
- Vacant, Tangerine Bank
- Stephen Lacelle, National Bank of Canada
- John Landry, Citibank Canada
- Rania Llewellyn, Bank of Nova Scotia
- David Losier, Fédération des caisses populaires Acadiennes limitée
- David O’Neill, B2B Bank
- Todd Roberts, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- John Tarnowski, Alberta Treasury Branches
- Oscar van der Meer, Central 1 Credit Union
- Ed White, HSBC Bank of Canada
- David Zhang, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Canada)