The Member Advisory Council (MAC) is a 20 person council that is codified in the Canadian Payments Act. MAC serves as a consultative and engagement forum for system participants, who are also each a member of Payments Canada.
The Council's mandate, set out in the legislation, is to provide counsel and advice to the Board on our clearing and settlement systems, the interaction of those systems with other systems involved in the exchange, clearing or settlement of payments and the development of new technologies.
The MAC has a maximum of 20 members representing the diversity of our system participants. Members are appointed by our Board of Directors. Eligibility requirements for Council membership and the yearly nomination process are set out in our General By-law and the Administration By-law respectively.
Members (As of July 2018)
- Vlad Ahmad, Canadian Western Bank
- Amy Alterson, JPMorgan Chase, National Association
- John Cowan, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Patrice Dagenais, La Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec
- Steve Dunn, CU Central Alberta Limited
- Stephen Fitzpatrick, Exchange Bank of Canada
- Brian Guillemin, Concentra Financial Services
- Sharon Haward-Laird, Bank of Montreal
- Christine Hunter, The Toronto-Dominion Bank
- Maureen Jarvis, Bank of America, National Association
- Grahame Johnson, Bank of Canada
- John Landry, Citibank Canada
- Lisa Lansdowne-Higgins, Royal Bank of Canada
- Kelly Latzel, Central 1
- Rania Llewellyn, The Bank of Nova Scotia
- John Pals, Peoples Trust Company
- Patrice Roy, National Bank of Canada
- John Tarnowski, Alberta Treasury Branches
- Ed White, HSBC Bank of Canada
- Min (David) Zhang, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Canada)