The Member Advisory Council (MAC) is a 20 person council that is codified in the Canadian Payments Act. MAC serves as a consultative and engagement forum for system participants, who are also each a member of Payments Canada.
The Council's mandate, set out in the legislation, is to provide counsel and advice to the Board on our clearing and settlement systems, the interaction of those systems with other systems involved in the exchange, clearing or settlement of payments and the development of new technologies.
The MAC has a maximum of 20 members representing the diversity of our system participants. Members are appointed by our Board of Directors. Eligibility requirements for Council membership and the yearly nomination process are set out in our General By-law and the Administration By-law respectively.
Members (As of October 2019)
- ATB, Ryan Rabin
- Bank of Canada, Carol Brigham
- BMO, Sharon Haward-Laird
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, John Cowan
- Canadian Western Bank, Vlad Ahmad
- Central 1, Sue Whitney
- Citibank Canada, Vacant
- Coast Capital, Nancy McNeill
- Credit Union of Central Alberta/CUPS, Mike Devlin
- Equitable Bank, Dan Dickinson
- Exchange Bank of Canada, Stephen Fitzpatrick
- HSBC Bank of Canada, Jennifer Ogdon
- JPMorgan Chase, National Association, Matthew Parker-Jones
- La Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec, Patrice Dagenais
- National Bank of Canada, Patrice Roy
- Peoples Trust Company, John Pals
- Royal Bank of Canada, Lisa Lansdowne-Higgins
- Scotiabank, Dougal Middleton
- TD, Christine Hunter
- Wells Fargo, Sean Goldrick