The Member Advisory Council (MAC) is a 20-person council codified in the Canadian Payments Act. MAC serves as a consultative and engagement forum for system participants who are also members of Payments Canada.
The members are highly engaged and represent significant commitments from their respective organizations to support the modernization agenda through extensive resourcing and thought leadership.
The Council's mandate, set out in the legislation, is to provide counsel and advice to the Board on our clearing and settlement systems, the interaction of those systems with other systems involved in the exchange, clearing or settlement of payments and the development of new technologies.
The MAC has a maximum of 20 members representing the diversity of our system participants. Members are appointed by our Board of Directors. Eligibility requirements for Council membership and the yearly nomination process are set out in our General By-law and the Administration By-law respectively.
Members (As of June 2020)
- ATB, Ryan Rabin - Member Advisory Council Vice Chair
- Bank of Canada, Carol Brigham
- BMO, Derek Vernon
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Jason Behamdouni
- Canadian Tire Bank, Megan Jones
- Canadian Western Bank, Vlad Ahmad
- Central 1, Sue Whitney
- Citibank Canada, John Davis
- Coast Capital, Nancy McNeill
- Equitable Bank, Kartik Kamat
- HSBC Bank of Canada, Jennifer Ogdon
- JPMorgan Chase, National Association, Matthew Parker-Jones
- La Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec, Patrice Dagenais
- National Bank of Canada, Patrice Roy
- Peoples Trust Company, John Pals
- PNC Bank, Eileen Dignen
- Royal Bank of Canada, Lisa Lansdowne-Higgins
- Scotiabank, Dougal Middleton
- TD, Christine Hunter - Member Advisory Council Chair
- Wells Fargo, Sean Goldrick