The Member Advisory Council (MAC) is a 20 person council that is codified in the Canadian Payments Act. MAC serves as a consultative and engagement forum for system participants, who are also each a member of Payments Canada.
The Council's mandate, set out in the legislation, is to provide counsel and advice to the Board on our clearing and settlement systems, the interaction of those systems with other systems involved in the exchange, clearing or settlement of payments and the development of new technologies.
The MAC has a maximum of 20 members representing the diversity of our system participants. Members are appointed by our Board of Directors. Eligibility requirements for Council membership and the yearly nomination process are set out in our General By-law and the Administration By-law respectively.
Members (As of July 2019)
- Vlad Ahmad, Canadian Western Bank
- Carol Brigham, Bank of Canada
- John Cowan, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Patrice Dagenais, La Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec
- Mike Devlin, Credit Union of Central Alberta/CUPS
- Dan Dickinson, Equitable Bank
- Steve Faust, Central 1
- Stephen Fitzpatrick, Exchange Bank of Canada
- Sean Goldrick, Wells Fargo
- Sharon Haward-Laird, BMO
- Christine Hunter, TD
- Lisa Lansdowne-Higgins, Royal Bank of Canada
- Nancy McNeill, Coast Capital
- Dougal Middleton, Scotiabank
- Jennifer Ogdon, HSBC Bank of Canada
- Matthew Parker-Jones, JPMorgan Chase, National Association
- John Pals, Peoples Trust Company
- Patrice Roy, National Bank of Canada
- John Tarnowski, Alberta Treasury Branches
- Vacant, Citibank Canada