New appointees welcomed to Member Advisory Council
Payments Canada welcomes and congratulates the new appointees to its Member Advisory Council (MAC), effective July 1, 2022. These experts from across the payment ecosystem will provide a wide range of views that are essential to the role of MAC and the future of payments in Canada.
Effective July 1, 2022, the new appointees joining MAC are:
- Citi: John Landry, Country Head, Citi Canada Treasury and Trade Solutions
- Laurentian Bank of Canada: Adam Swinemar, SVP of Digital Banking
- Wealthsimple Investments Inc: Hanna Zaidi, Chief Compliance Officer, Payments
In addition, Payments Canada welcomes Derek Vernon, Vice President and Head, Enterprise Payments Modernization from BMO Financial Group, as incoming chair of the Member Advisory Council. Derek brings a deep knowledge and expertise in modern payments experiences. His familiarity with Payments Canada’s mandate and responsibilities, along with his payment knowledge, will help steer the council through this important time as Payments Canada prepares to launch the Real-Time Rail.
Reappointed members are:
- Scotiabank: Dougal Middleton, Vice President, Enterprise Payments
- TD Bank Group: Christine Hunter, SVP Enterprise Payments Strategy & Transformation
- Wells Fargo: Sarah Gainey, Vice President, Senior Lead Product Manager
Payments Canada would like to thank outgoing chair Christine Hunter for her time and dedication over the last four years. We also wish to thank outgoing members Nancy McNeill from Coast Capital Savings, Kartik Kamat from Equitable Bank and John Davis from Citibank for their contributions.
The Member Advisory Council provides counsel and advice to the Payments Canada’s Board of Directors on Canada’s clearing and settlement systems, the interaction of those systems with other systems involved in the exchange, clearing or settlement of payments, and the development of new technologies. The next call for nominations opens in early 2023. If you are interested in getting involved, or finding out more about the selection process, please contact email@example.com.