Payments Canada welcomes returning Member Advisory Council members
Payments Canada is pleased to welcome seven returnees to its Member Advisory Council (MAC), effective July 1, 2023. These experts from across the payment ecosystem provide a wide range of views that are essential to the role of MAC and the future of payments in Canada.
Effective July 1, 2023, the returning MAC appointees are:
- Bank of Montreal, Derek Vernon, Head, TPS Product Management and PayMod
- Peoples Trust, Cyrielle Chiron, Senior Vice President, Product Strategy and Innovation
- JPMorgan Chase, Marilu Gaudio, Managing Director, Chase Merchant Services
- Central 1 Credit Union, Sue Whitney, Vice President, Payments Strategy & Relationships
- Bank of America, Leslie Konecny, Director, Head of Product for Global Transactional Services
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC), Michael Liberty, Vice President, Enterprise Payments
- PNC Bank, Steve Faust, Vice President, Canadian Product
While CIBC and PNC Bank have been reappointed to the Member Advisory Council, the organizations’ representatives have changed. Michael Liberty takes over for Chris Sweetland as the representative from CIBC, and Steve Faust replaces Eric Bauer as PNC Bank’s MAC representative. Payments Canada thanks Chris and Eric for their many contributions.
The Member Advisory Council plays a vital role in advising Payments Canada's Board of Directors on the country's clearing and settlement systems. Their guidance encompasses interactions with other systems involved in payment exchange, clearing or settlement, as well as the development of innovative technologies.
The call for nominations opens in early 2024. Interested individuals can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to get involved or understanding the selection process.