Two days left to catch the best thinkers, visionaries and disruptors in payments at The 2023 Payments Canada SUMMIT
Canada’s largest payment conference – The Payments Canada SUMMIT – kicked off today in-person and online with a jam-packed and thought-provoking agenda focused on the challenges and opportunities facing the payment industry in the midst of rapid transformation.
In her welcome remarks, Tracey Black, President and Chief Executive Officer of Payments Canada, spoke about the speed at which payments are changing and the importance of coming together as an industry to discuss, debate, and understand what the future of payments looks like: “The SUMMIT is your opportunity to learn more about how payments are evolving faster than ever before. To meet the people who are making it happen. To discuss what is coming next in payments and how that will impact us, our organizations and Canadians.”
Highlights from day one include:
- An informative panel about the benefits of broadening access to Canada’s payment systems featuring Nick Catino, Global Head, Policy and Social Impact at Wise, Grant MacKenzie, President and CEO at Peoples Group and Hanna Zaidi, Chief Compliance Officer, Payments, at Wealthsimple;
- A keynote session on the Fintech Stage from Layial El-Hadi, Executive Director, Fintech Cadence about the future of fintech collaboration;
- A keynote session on the main stage with Nick Stanescu, SVP, Business Executive, FedNow from the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston that focused on the much anticipated real-time payment and settlement service coming to the U.S. in mid-2023.
There are still two days left to hear from our high-caliber roster of speakers. Upcoming speakers include:
- Abraham Tachjian, Open Banking Lead, Department of Finance Canada (in-person and virtual)
- Grace Jung, Head, Industry Relations, Payments & Operations, Square (in person)
- Ron Morrow, Executive Director, Supervision, Bank of Canada (in-person and virtual)
- Stacey Madge, President & Country Manager, Visa Canada (in-person and virtual)
- Tom Zschach, Chief Innovation Officer, Swift (in-person and virtual)
Whether you’re joining in-person or virtually, download “The Payments Canada SUMMIT” app wherever you get your apps to browse the schedule, create a personalized agenda and receive important push notifications. If you’re attending in person, don’t miss The SUMMIT Social — the ultimate networking experience taking place tomorrow night in the Interactive Zone.
Interested in being part of these meaningful and relevant conversations? Register now at thesummit.ca.